Attorney Advertising Disclaimer
The material on this web site has been prepared and is copyrighted by Impact Fund, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, and Davis, Cowell & Bowe, LLP, [hereinafter “Plaintiffs’ Counsel”]. The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The material does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Plaintiffs’ Counsel or any of their attorneys or clients, and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date.
Your receipt of the information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a contract for representation by Plaintiffs’ Counsel. This information is not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney. No person should act or rely on any information in this site without seeking the advice of an attorney.
Impact Fund is located in Berkeley, California, and its attorneys are licensed to practice in California. Davis, Cowell & Bowe, LLP, is located in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Washington, D.C., and Boston. Members of Davis, Cowell & Bowe, LLP, are licensed to practice in California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Lieff Cabraser has offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, and Nashville. Members of the firm practice in federal district courts throughout the United States. Members of Lieff Cabraser are licensed to practice in California, New York, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., Tennessee, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
If you communicate with us through this site or otherwise in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you, it is possible that your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential. Plaintiffs’ Counsel, however, will to the full extent permitted under the law protect your name and confidential information against disclosure, publication or unauthorized use.
Please be aware that the transmission of an e-mail inquiry itself does not contractually obligate Plaintiffs’ Counsel to represent you as your attorney. Plaintiffs’ Counsel cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree, in writing, that we will serve as your attorney.
You should also be aware that the Statute of Limitations (the deadline imposed by law within which you may bring a lawsuit) may severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims you may have.
This web site may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules. The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. Before you decide to retain us, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. Plaintiffs’ Counsel does not offer any guarantee of case results. Past success in litigation does not guarantee success in any new or future lawsuit.
To the extent the State Bar rules require us to designate a principal office and/or single attorney responsible for this site, Plaintiffs’ Counsel designates Steven E. Fineman, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, 275 Battery Street, 29th Floor, San Francisco, California 94111, (415) 956-1000, as the attorney responsible for this site.
Statement of Client’s Rights As Required Under New York Law
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyers office.
- You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court approval may be required in some matters and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of service srendered to you up to the point of discharge).
- You are entitled to your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaning fully in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Notice to Mississippi Residents
This website is not intended for the purpose of soliciting any prospective clients residing in the State of Mississippi for the commencement of any civil action in the State of Mississippi filed solely by Plaintiffs’ Counsel. If Plaintiffs’ Counsel were to file a civil lawsuit in the State of Mississippi, the firm would do so in association with a member of the Mississippi Bar who would serve as co-counsel in the litigation.
No persons pictured on this website are clients of the attorneys.